New Moon in Leo and an Invitation…
On this Fiery New Moon in Leo, we are invited to cultivate Joy in our lives. Inspired by the offerings of our Wild Woman Project leader Chris Maddox. We are asked to pay attention to the things that bring us Joy, like Creativity, Play, Love, Children…
What brings you Joy?
This exploration hit home for me…as I find that there really hasn’t been much Joy in my life since my dark night of the soul a few years ago. Sure, I get glimpses here and there, but there’s been more sorrow than joy that’s for sure. So, for this New Moon cycle my intention is to honor Joy and I invite you the same.
How do you cultivate Joy in your life?
“Some of you say, “Joy is greater than sorrow,” and others say, “Nay, sorrow is the greater.” But I say unto you, they are inseparable. Together they come, and when one sits alone with you at your board, remember that the other is asleep upon your bed.”~Joy and Sorrow by Kahlil Gibran
She shared this quote during our New Moon offering and it inspired me to look up the full poem, this part resonated with me as well… “When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.”
Leo is ruled by the element of Fire, Ruling planet (though it’s not considered a planet) is the Sun, so its energy is Masculine. In Astrology it’s in the 5th house of pleasure, children, recreation, games, love and romance.
Joy is a tool for resilience. It is the emergence of the child-heart in all of us, one that offers connection to what is beautiful & majestic in this world. Joy soothes those things that ache – inside of us, and out.
The oils that spoke to me for this New Moon blend are:
Tangerine ~ Oil of Gladness and Creativity, it illuminate dark moods and invite us to make room for our creative energy to flow.
Ylang Ylang ~ Oil of the Inner Child, I know this oil to be a powerful heart healer. It’s a powerful oil to not only connect us to our heart and supports us in releasing emotional trauma, but also encourages play by connecting us to our inner child.
Rose ~ Oil of Divine Love, another powerful heart healing oil. It has the highest vibration of any oil. It invites us to open our hearts and receive the unconditional love and acceptance of Divinity.
No Rose oil?
You can substitute it with Geranium ~ Oil of Love and Trust. It aids in healing a broken heart and emotional wounds, instilling unconditional love and trust.
Truth: Persoanl Journaling exercise…
So, during this New Moon cycle…I invite you to explore the following questions:
- How often do you invite play into your life?
- Who are the people in your life that bring you joy?
- Is there an activity you do just for the love of it?
- Finish this sentence: Joy feels like ________.
- Make a list of activities that bring you joy.
- How much space do you make for recreation in your life?
- When is the last time you laughed until your belly hurt?
- How do you celebrate life?
Dares: Actions to take
I also invite you to take actions during this New Moon cycle, inviting Joy into your life.
- Start your day by playing your favorite song and dance for the length of it. (being someone who suffers from limited mobility…I say chair dancing counts!)
- Do something extra sweet + silly for someone you love.
- Move through one day with the intention to do as many delightful things as possible.
- Make a playdate with the most joyful person you know.
- Learn 1 really funny joke and tell it to people.
- Indulge your Inner Child.
- Make art with the aim to just play!
On that last note…
I invite you to paint with the aim to do just that…play! Join me on our 21 Day Painting Meditation Challenge. It starts today but there is still time to join. Let your creative Juices flow and invite Joy through your Creativity!